Monday, August 27, 2007
School is back in! YEAH!
I am so excited about school starting back up! I am a little nervous about Griffin and his teacher though. I have heard she really pushes the kids which can be a good thing. But I have also heard that she yells too. I think it will be good for Griffin to have a more stern teacher and not a softy but I am afraid that they will have a personality clash. So far I know several girls that will be in his class including his cousin that was in his class last year. But NO boys we know so far. I hope he gets several boys that he knows or can make friends with easily. We go for open house tonight and he gets to meet his teacher and see his new class and meet some of his new friends for this year. Griffin is also signing up for UPWARDS basketball. He wants to try something new since he has done soccer and baseball. Now that he is 5 he can join upwards so I hope he likes it.
I also am excited to get my class started. I am excited to meet all the kids in our class and get the year started. I think I have already picked out my favorites and the class has not even started! LOL We will have one little autistic boy and he is so sweet. I met him a few times last year when I subbed in his class. I am thrilled to have him in our class this year. I am sure I will love all the kids though. And I know the first few weeks will just be adjusting for most of them since most have never been to preschool before.
Klaire is starting her 3 year old class and will be in school 5 days a week. She also starts dance class with her best friend Lucy next week. She is so excited to be a ballerina. I can't wait to see her on stage at the end of the year for the recital!
Wednesday is our first night of AWANAS. AWANAS is a Wednesday night church class for kids where they learn bible stories, play games and have yummy snacks. They get a book and vests to wear. If they learn their bible verses they get badges for the vest and awards. It is kind of like scouts but for church. This will be Klaire's first year doing that too. And Danny and I are going to be teaching a second grade class. So wish us lots of luck. We are going to be very busy this year. Oh and Danny started his class back last week. So we are now ALL in school!


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You guys do have a lot going on. It sounds like you guys are going to have a great time though. I hope Griffin does well in school. He will make friends fast. Good luck with starting your new job!

Blogger Melanie said...

Wow girl can you say BUSY!!! Sounds like you are going to have a fun year. Good luck and keep us posted.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG