Sunday, August 13, 2006
Big girl
Well my baby has taken a big step to becoming a big girl and I am sad. I bought her a toddler bed this week and we took her crib down this weekend. She is doing so good in it. I was afraid I would have to beat her to stay in it but she has done great. She has gotten up a few times but has not left her room and she pretty much stays in her bed and goes right to sleep. She did fall out of it last night and I just picked her up and put her back in and she went right on back to sleep. I also bought her some pink curtains to make it look more girly in there. I took the changing pad off of the top of her dresser so now she has room for other girly stuff. I also sewed some pretty trim with beads on to the top of her pink canopy. She picked out some pink flannel material with ballerina's on it and I am going to make her a pretty pillow case for her bed. Then I got her a clear box to put all her papi's in to keep in her bed so the puppy can't get them and I am going to paint some flowers on it for her. I know she is getting too big for her papi but I just can't take them away quite yet. She is still my baby and I have to let her keep something. I can't just make her get rid of all her baby stuff in one weekend. I took a few pictures of her in her big girl bed tonight to show. This just makes me so sad!


5 Comments:

Blogger GypseeMommy said...

I can't believe that DK is big enough for a big girl bed! Where has the time gone? I don't blame you for waiting a little while on the papi's either. One thing at a time will be easier on her, and you too!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love DK in her new bed! It makes her room look so much bigger!!! WTG DK! Our girls are growing up way too fast for me!

Blogger Unknown said...

You're such a good mom! I love reading about all the transition to "big girl stuff." And the pictures are adorable! :)

Blogger monkeynpeanutsmom said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Congrats on the step up to Big Girl bed! That's great that she did so well transitioning to it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It about killed me to get ride of our Crib. I think I made Gabe keep it in the garage for 6 months before I would give it away! It is so hard when our babies grow up. At least she is making the transition easy.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG